Fix Adobe Genuine Service – The Adobe Genuine Service is a service that periodically verifies whether Adobe apps on your machine are genuine and notifies you if they are not.
How to Get Rid of Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service Error Message
For Windows: By using Windows Services
- Press the Windows + R key combination to open the Run dialog box. Type “Services. msc” in the text box and hit Enter.
- Once the Windows services window opens, switch to the “Standard” tab. (Placed at the bottom).
- In the list of services, look for “Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service”. Right-click on it and select “Properties”.
- In the next window that appears on the screen, tap the drop-down button for “Startup Type” and then select the “Disable” option from the list. Tap on OK to save your recent changes.
- Reboot your machine and then launch Adobe software to check whether you’re still viewing the annoying pop-up notification on the screen.
By using Windows Task Manager
In our next solution, we will entirely be deleting the “Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service” from your device so that you don’t get bothered by it during your workflow. Here’s what you need to do.
- Press the Control + Shift + Escape key combination to launch Windows Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, look for “Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service” in the Processes tab. You will find it by the name “AGSService.exe” filename.
- Right-click on it and select the “Open File Location” option.
- Windows will now open a new folder on the screen named “AdobeGCIClient”.
- Keep this folder opened and head back to Windows Task Manager, look for AGSService.msc in the Processes tab, right-click on it and tap the “End Task” button.
- After terminating the process, you can delete the AdobeGCIClient folder as well.
- Reboot your device and launch any of the Adobe services to check whether you’re still seeing the windows error message on the screen.
For Mac Users
If you’re seeing the pop-up alert on your Mac device then follow these steps to get rid of the hindrance.
- Launch Mac Finder app. Navigate to Go> Go to Folder.
- Head to the following location: Application Support>Adobe>AdobeGCCClient.
- Delete the “AdobeGCCClient” folder and then reboot your Mac after making the above-mentioned changes.
Disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service
The most successful fix among users is to delete and remove all instances of the software responsible for the pop-up message, which is Adobe Genuine Software Integrity.
Remove via Task Manager
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to open Task Manager.
- Find the Adobe Genuine Integrity service in the Processes tab, right-click it, and choose Open File Location. It should open a folder named AdobeGCIClient.
- Go back to Task Manager, click on the Adobe Genuine Integrity process, and then hit End Task.
- Delete the AdobeGCIClient folder opened at step 2.
- Restart your computer and check if the problem is gone.
If the issue still exists and after the folder was re-created, instead of deleting it try to rename it to something similar.
Alternatively, you can do the same thing but in a more advanced way that guarantees the complete removal of the Adobe Genuine Software:
Remove via CMD
- To delete the service, type cmd in the Windows search box, right-click the result and select Run as administrator.
- Then, in cmd, type sc deletes AGSService and hit Enter.
Remove Adobe Updater Startup Utility
- To delete the service, type cmd in the Windows search box, right-click the result and select Run as administrator. Then, in cmd, type sc deletes AAMUpdater and hit Enter.
- To remove the task, type Task Scheduler in the Windows search box and hit enter. Now find and delete the AdobeAAMUpdater task.