Instagram is one of the most popular platforms for sharing photos and short videos, and that lets you connect with friends, brands, celebrities, thought leaders. It is just like Facebook and other social media platforms; Instagram also gets many posts that spread fake news and misinformation. This may be the reason why you want to deactivate your Instagram account.
Temporarily Deactivate Your Instagram Account 2021
There are two methods for the deactivation of Instagram. You can deactivate your account permanently or temporarily remove your profile and photos, videos, comments, likes, and followers.
You need to follow the given steps to Deactivate your Instagram account temporarily.
- First, from your mobile browser or computer, log into your Instagram account by visiting https://instagram.com.
- Next, at the top right corner, click your profile & then select the Edit Profile option.
- Click on the Temporarily disable my account option in the bottom right scroll down.
- After that, a page will be shown as Why are you disabling your account? You need to pick an option from the menu and then re-enter your password.
- This drop-down menu displays options such as Can’t find people to follow, Concerned about my data, need a break, Privacy concerns, Too busy/ too distracting, too many ads, and Want to remove something.
- In any way, if you don’t want to specify your reason for temporary deactivation, You can also pick the Something else option.
- To accomplish the deactivation process, tap on the Temporarily Disable Account button.
- You can also reactivate your account by simply logging back in if the account has been deactivated. Until you reactivate your account, Your Instagram profile, photos, comments, and likes will be hidden.
How to Delete Your Instagram Account Permanently 2021
It is important to note that you cannot sign up again using the same username or add that username to another account once you delete your account. Instagram also cannot reactivate any deleted accounts. You need to follow the below steps if you want to delete your Instagram account permanently.
- After logging into Instagram on the Web, go to the Delete Your Account page to permanently delete your Instagram account.
- From the drop-down menu Now, you have to select an option. Why are you deleting your account?
- There are some options which display such as Too many ads, Privacy concerns, Created a second account, and Can’t find people to follow, etc..,
- In the Help center, Instagram will provide links to some of the articles related to your reason.
- You’ll now have to re-enter your password.
- Click on the Permanently delete my account button.
- When you click the Permanently delete my account button, your photos, comments, likes, and followers on Instagram will be removed permanently and won’t be recoverable. Also, you may not be able to sign up using the same username again in the future.
If you have a separate account that you would like to delete permanently, click the username of that account from the top-right corner of the Delete Your Account page, tap or click on the settings gear option next to the username, and then select Log Out.
Also Read: Top Best Fancy Text Generator Apps for Android 2021
Can I deactivate my Instagram account twice?
If you are doing it temporarily, you can deactivate your account twice. But we have to know that once when you deactivate your account, you will have to wait a week to deactivate it again.
Once a week, You can temporarily deactivate your Instagram account. You cannot disable it until the week is over. We cannot disable it if you disable your account this week but come back for some reason.
How Long Until Instagram Deletes Your Account?
If you come through the deletion process, your Instagram account will be deleted immediately. Before queuing it for deletion, this is different from Facebook, which disables your account for two weeks.