Walkie-talkies have been a vital means of connection since their introduction in World War II, and they are still essential today. A Walkie Talkie can transmit as well as receive radio signals. You can convert your phone into a walkie-talkie by installing apps that support Push-To-Talk protocol. The apps won’t place direct calls. They will use the phone’s Bluetooth, mobile data or WiFi connection to send and receive voice data. So today we are going to tell you about Best Walkie-Talkie Apps that can be used with Android And iPhone.
- 1 Best Walkie-Talkie Apps For Android And iPhone
Best Walkie-Talkie Apps For Android And iPhone
Voxer is a free app that enables your phone to share short recorded messages, send texts, and share videos and location easily. The receiver can choose to listen to the message he/she receives immediately or to listen to it sometime later. It also supports instantaneous group communication.
The of Features of Voxer Walkie-Talkie Messenger
- It is one of the most Robust Walkie Talkie App.
- Built for iPhone, Android, and Web.
- You can do group chat with up to 500 Persons.
- Hands-Free Walkie Talkie [PRO].
- Team Management [PRO].
- End-to-End Encryption.
It is one of the best Walkie-Talkie apps. Zello turns your phone into a walkie-talkie and works anywhere in the world as long as you are connected to the internet. It requires you to set up an account before you can get started.
- Real-time streaming, high-quality voice.
- Contacts availability and text status.
- Public and private channels for up to 2500 users.
- Bluetooth headset support (selected phones).
- Works over WiFi, 2G, 3G, or 4G mobile data.
3. Two Way: Walkie Talkie
Two Way acts like a traditional walkie-talkie. It is a walkie-talkie application that allows any number of users to talk to each other instantly. There is no signup required and no personal information is ever collected. Two Way’s simple user interface is easy to use. You can select the channel number or location using a map and talk to anyone on the same channel.
It supports running in the background with minimal battery usage.
Intercom lets you place group calls with other Android and iOS devices over Bluetooth and Wifi. It doesn’t need an internet connection, it uses your phone’s wireless technologies to transmit to other users.
- No Internet needed. It only uses local communications.
- Minimum configuration.
- No registration/No accounts.
- No buddy list.
HeyTell is a cross-platform voice messenger that allows you to instantly talk with friends and family. It does not need an account. You can just start the app, choose a contact, push the button, and start talking.
- Privacy protections.
- Can change notification alert sounds, enable group messaging and add emojis to your name.
- Works on any type of data connection.
- Has a clean user interface.
Final Words About Free Walkie Talkie Apps for Android and iPhone
Walkie-talkie apps provide you with the convenience and simplicity of a text message coupled with the context and nuance of a phone call. Also, these apps allow you to record and send short audio messages instantly. So if you also want to enjoy the features of a Walkie-Talkie then do install any one of the above apps according to your wish and let us know in case of any confusion.