Electronic signature is a method for approving electronic documents. It consists of an image of an ordinary handwritten signature (or its imitation) stored on an electronic medium, device, or cloud storage for further insertion into a document. It should not be confused with electronic digital signature, which is a complex code that is often stored on a hardware storage device.
The legal status of online signature differs from country to country. In the United States, for example, it is legally valid along with a regular signature, but in most countries, an electronic signature has more than an image function, increasing the level of trust in the document. In any case, it is worth finding out how do I create an electronic image for my signature. Let’s consider this process taking the CreateMySignature service as an example.
Creation of an electronic signature
CreateMySignature is a service that allows users to quickly create an electronic signature online. The process is simple, intuitive, and doesn’t take much time. Here’s all you need to do:
- visit the createmysignature.com website;
- draw the signature with the mouse into the special panel at the top of the screen;
- the service is available not only on the PC but also on devices, in which case it is possible to use directly the touchscreen to make the signature;
- if desired, it is possible to enter the signature from the keyboard, the result will be converted into a signature with one of the styles available;
- if desired, it is possible to change the color of the signature, the available options are black (by default), blue, red;
- once the electronic signature has been created, it can be saved into the device as a graphical file or used to sign a document online using PandaDoc instruments.
It is worth considering that CreateMySignature does not store client signatures, closing the browser window or tab site will cause the permanent loss of the result. Do not forget to save the signature after its creation.
Advantages of creating an electronic signature online
The advantages of creating an electronic signature online, in particular using the CreateMySignature service, include the following ones:
- the protected encrypted connection, which is updated every time a customer visits the website, secures the client’s signature;
- the entire process of creating and saving a signature is performed online on the site, so there is no need to download any software to a device;
- the PandaDoc instruments integration allows signing an online document in PDF format;
- the entire process takes a few minutes, and the intuitive interface allows learning all the nuances even much faster.
Other ways of creating an electronic signature
If you need to use more “advanced” features, such as cloud storage or accompanying text, you’ll have then to use other apps, for example:
- Microsoft Word, which allows adding a signature and accompanying text to documents. This program does not have its own instruments to create a signature, so a previously saved graphic file will be required. The cloud storage is possible through the Word Online service.
- Quick Look is an application for MacOS-based devices that is integrated into the Apple environment, allowing a quick exchange of information between devices and with other users. It supports the track-pad, which is very convenient for creating a signature.
- Adobe Sign is the most functional, but also the most difficult option to master, although it can be assumed that you won’t need most of the available features. It is designed to create online signatures and insert them into PDF documents. The signatures can be created manually, scanned, photographed, or converted from text. The cloud storage is available to registered users. Its only downside is its price.
As you can see, if you need to take advantage of online signatures, you’ll have no trouble finding the appropriate option.