Reddit combines web content, social news, a forum, and a social network into one giant beast of a platform. Registered members can contribute to the site with content such as images, text, videos, and links. All content on the site can be voted up or down by other members.
What are Reddit and Subreddit?
As a social media user, you must have noticed Reddit. Reddit is a leading social media channel that has acquired the front page of Internet status. It shows that this website is one of the most visited social media sites since its creation in 2005.
Reddit is the number one content rating, discussion, and social news channel globally. You can create your Reddit account to publish any topic, videos, images, links, or polls to get upvotes or downvotes. Also, you have the choice to join various Reddit communities such as sports, movies, news, help, food, beauty, technology, literature, comics, games, and like that.
The multiple sub-categories of Reddit are known as Subreddits or Communities. The subreddits contain topics like politics, news, religion, science, music, video games, pets, fitness, sports, books, etc. You can easily create a subreddit on your Reddit account.
However, the trouble that arises after creating subreddits/communities is its removal. Presently, there are no means for how to delete a Subreddit. Once you form a subreddit, you cannot remove it. It emerges as an unchangeable feature on your Reddit account. Even the moderators/members or actual creators cannot delete or omit the created Subreddit.
How to Delete a Reddit Account on your Smartphone?
This is pretty much straightforward, and the steps are similar as mentioned above, but we wouldn’t want our readers left in the dark about this, so here we go.
Please bear in mind, again, that there is no such thing as temporarily deleting or disabling a Reddit account. So be careful before deleting your account to make sure you are not missing anything important.
- As the first step, open up a new tab and head over to reddit.com
2. First Log in to your Reddit account on any browser like Chrome, Safari, etc.
3. Go to the settings by clicking the profile icon.
4. Go over to Account Settings under the Settings, just above the Log Out option You will be taken to another page, containing the details of your account, keep on scrolling.
5. At the end of the page you will find the option to deactivate your account. Once you click it, another pop-up will appear to provide your Reddit username and account in their respective places.
6. You will find an option to leave a feedback comment, but you can just leave it blank if you prefer not to explain why you’re deleting your account. Once you’re ready to proceed, tap the Deactivate button.
7. And there you go, You have finally deactivated your account, Well Done!
How to Delete a Reddit Account on a Desktop PC?
The entire process of deleting your Reddit account on a desktop PC or a mac will involve 5 steps, to keep this process smooth, open a new tab on your browser and keep referring to this article as you are following the below-mentioned steps.
In the first step of the process, log in to your Reddit account with your user id and password. If you have forgotten your login credentials, click on forgot password to reset your password.
2. Go to Settings
Click on “Profile” located on the top-right corner then go over to the drop-down menu, click on the User Settings option.
3. Keep Scrolling
Keep on scrolling withinside the Account tab till you attain the Deactivate Account section.
4. Click on Deactivate
Click the Deactivate Account button to mention goodbye to your Reddit Account. In the pop-up Feed Settings menu, Reddit will alert you that deleting your account won’t erase your submit and comment history.
5. Enter Log-In Credentials
To delete your Reddit account, enter the username and account in the Username and Password boxes and make sure that you understand that deactivated accounts are not recoverable.
You will also have an option to leave a feedback comment but just forget about it if you prefer not to explain why you’re deleting your account. Once you’re set to go, tap the Deactivate button.