Disable Location Sharing – You can share your location on an Android device using the Google Maps “Location sharing” feature. This feature lets you share your Android’s location with anyone in your contacts list. You can share your location with contacts who have Google accounts, as well as those who don’t.
Google Android is not just any other mobile operating system. It is a big bundle of services and features rolled together with a very effective and efficient mobile management system. It provides native support for many services such as Google Maps, Google Docs, Google Search, Google Mail, which is why it is trendy among mobile phone users.
So if you are using any location-based service like Google Maps, Latitude, or any such service, Google will automatically share your location being tracked via the smartphone. Google has given the provision to the user to control this, although it is enabled as a default option. So here shown you can disable Google services to late you from your Android smartphone.
How to Disable Location sharing on your Android Smartphone
If you don’t need to share your location at all, you can turn it off. By doing is as straightforward as it gets:
- First, open the Settings from the home screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Select the Location.
- Toggle Location to Off.
Once you disable the location permission, apps will no longer be able to get location information. If you’re worried about errant apps sharing your location details, this is the best way to disable access.
How to Disable Location Sharing on an Android Device
- At first, Turn on your Android device and come to the home screen.
- On your Android device, locate the Applications home key and press it. Then the application’s home key is generally located in the lower middle portion of the screen.
- Once when the application’s home screen opens, locate the settings icon and press it.
- Next, the device will then open up the linked settings tab. Now here, all the settings related to the device can be located and tweaked. From the given options and menus, find the Privacy tab and press it.
- The privacy tab of the settings menu takes care of the privacy options related to the device. Here you will see the two main options. You will also notice that the ‘Use my Location’ is already checked/activated.
- If you wish that the Android device you are using should not share your location and related data to any or all Google applications that use location, please uncheck the checkbox right next to this tab.
Once you have unchecked the option, your device will no longer be able to locate you, and along with that, any application that utilizes location would not work. Yes, that includes the Google Map and its associated location services.
How to Turn off Location Tracking on an Android device
- On your AndroidOpen the Settings app and look for either the “Connections” tab or, depending on your phone, the “Privacy” tab.
- Click on the “Location” and toggle the switch off. Toggle off the “Location” tag to prevent location tracking entirely.
- You can also tap “Emergency Location Service” and “Google Location Sharing” to switch off location-tracking features there. You can go to Google settings directly from the Settings app and turn off certain location trackers there.
Also Read: How to Record and Post Video using vine