Enable Facetime Photos – You can use the FaceTime app to stay connected with friends and family, whether they’re using an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or a Mac. With Spatial Audio in FaceTime (on supported models), people on the call sound like they’re in the room with you, talking from their positions on the screen.
FaceTime is a go-to app for Apple users. It makes it easy to connect with your friends or family without being together in person.
However, just like in real life, you might want to capture those special moments with a photo. Sure, a screenshot could work, but it’s not the same as an actual photo. There are ways for you to make each photo feel more alive. Enter Live Photo, a way to capture more moments from Prints4sure every photo you take.
How to Enable Live Photo
Live Photo should be enabled from the get-go on all your Apple devices by default. But, in case you want to learn how to disable it or make sure it’s on, here’s what you need to do:
Enable Facetime Photos – How to Enable Live Photo on iPhone
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select FaceTime.
- Scroll down again and toggle FaceTime Live Photos on or off.
Enable or disable Live Photos in FaceTime on iPhone and iPad
This is a simple setting on your iPhone or iPad that you can change in your Settings.
- In Settings, select FaceTime.
- Scroll toward the bottom and you’ll see the toggle for FaceTime Live Photos. If you’re new to iPhone, green is on and gray is off when you slide the toggle.
- If you opt to turn on FaceTime Live Photos, this allows others to capture photos of you during calls. So obviously if you want to prevent this, turn the toggle off.
Capture the Live Photo on iOS
To snap a Live Photo during a FaceTime call on iOS, tap the capture button at the bottom. If you don’t see the button, tap the screen and it will display. If your caller has this setting disabled, you’ll see a message letting you know.
Enable or disable Live Photos in FaceTime on Mac
Like on iPhone and iPad, this is a simple setting on Mac.
- Open FaceTime and click FaceTime > Preferences from the menu bar.
- Select the Settings tab and toward the bottom check or uncheck the box for Allow Live Photos to be captured during Video calls per your preference
- Again, if you don’t want the caller to be able to take a Live Photo of you during a call, be sure to uncheck the setting.
Capture the Live Photo on Mac
To snap a Live Photo during a FaceTime call on Mac, click the capture button. If you don’t see the button, click the screen and it will display.
If the setting is disabled, you’ll see a message asking if you want to enable it. Remember, it must be enabled on both devices.
How to Enable Live Photo on Mac
- Open the FaceTime app on your Mac.
- On the menu at the top, click FaceTime.
- Click on Preferences.
- Turn on Allow Live Photos to be captured during video calls.
Easy right? Now you can start taking Live Photos whenever you want. Don’t worry; it’s pretty easy to do.
How to Take Live Photos During a FaceTime Call
Anytime you’re on a FaceTime call, you’ll be able to take Live photos on canvas the spot.
- Start a FaceTime call with anyone.
- On your iPhone, tap the Take Picture button located in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- On Mac, click the same Take Picture button located either at the top right corner or the bottom right corner of the FaceTime window. It’ll depend on what device the other person’s using.
- If you’re on a Group FaceTime call, tap the tile of the person you want to photograph.
- Tap the Full-Screen button and the Take Picture button.
That’s it! You’ve taken your first Live Photo on FaceTime. Remember that the other person will always be notified if you take a picture.
How to Use FaceTime on Android?
To use FaceTime on Android, you’ll need a supported browser (such as Google Chrome) and a friend or family member with an iOS, iPadOS, or macOS device. iPhone and iPad users running iOS 15, iPadOS 15, or higher can open the FaceTime app and select “Create Link.” And then they can share the link with you however they want.
- On Mac, as long as they’re running macOS 12 Monterey or newer, they can find find the “Create Link” button at the top of the FaceTime app.
- Next, they can share the FaceTime link with you using any messaging platform.
- This is where Android devices enter the situation. You will receive a link to facetime.apple.com that looks something like this:
- Open the link in Google Chrome on your Android phone or tablet. At the time of writing in July 2021, Chrome is the only supported Android browser. Enter your name in the box and tap “Continue.”
- Next, select “Join” from the floating toolbar at the top.
- The person with an iPhone, iPad, or Mac that sent you the link will need to accept your request to join.
Also Read: How to Fix FacetimePhotos not Saving?