Fix Instagram Reels Not Working– Instagram is a free photo and video sharing app available on iPhone and Android. People can upload photos or videos to our service and share them with their followers or with a select group of friends. They can also view, comment, and like posts shared by their friends on Instagram.
How to Fix Instagram Reels Not Working?
Fix Instagram Reels Not Working – Reels are short, entertaining videos on Instagram, where you can express your creativity and bring your brand to life. People come to Reels to participate in cultural trends, collaborate with the community and discover new ideas. You can try clearing the app cache (Settings > Apps > Instagram > Storage > Clear cache).
Here’s the different way to fix Instagram Reels not working or showing.
Update Instagram App
If you can’t find the Reels option in your Instagram app, you might have forgotten to update the Instagram app. The outdated version of the Instagram app might be the reason why the Reels option is not showing or working. You can update the Instagram app from the Play Store on Android and the App Store on iPhone.
- Open Google Play on your phone.
- Type Instagram in the search bar and hit enter.
- Next, select Instagram and tap on the Update button.
- After the app is updated, open it and go to the search section.
- Scroll up and down 4-5 times and reels stated shown in the app.
In some cases, if a temporary cache and data get accumulated over time, then it might clash with the proper functioning of that app. Therefore, it is advised to delete these data from time to time.
In the case of Instagram, your data are stored in the clouds, hence, you wouldn’t lose any data after removing the cache. You will only be logged out of your account, to which you could quickly sign back in and access everything once again.
Here’s how you can:
- Go to Settings on your Android device.
- Scroll down and head over to Manage Apps.
- Now, search and tap on the Instagram app.
- Hit the Clear Data option.
- Next, click on Clear Cache or All Data option.
- Lastly, click on OK to confirm your request and complete the process.
Report Problem to Instagram
If your Instagram is already updated and still Reels not working or showing, then the problem is not in your phone or app versions. This might be happing because your account is not blessed with the reels feature. In this situation, you need to report a problem to Instagram.
Here’s how you can:
- Open the Instagram app and log in to your account.
- Head over to your profile by tapping on the small profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the three dots icon at the top and select Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on the Help button.
- Next, tap on the Report a problem.
- Type below message in the message box. You can also upload screenshots if you want.
- After that, tap on the submit button.
- That’s it, within 48 hours reels option started showing.
Fix Instagram Reels Not Working – Join Beta Program
By default, you are using the standard version of Instagram. On the other hand, Beta versions are mostly for tech buffs and developers who are ready to test new cutting-edge innovations.
So, sign up for the Instagram Beta program, and you will get the chance to test the forthcoming function before everyone else. But, let me tell you that this Beta version can be full of bugs. So, join it at your own risk.
For joining the Beta program, follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to Google Play Store or App Store.
- Now, search for Instagram and tap on it.
- Scroll down and tap the Join button under Join the Beta section.
- For confirmation, click again on Join.
- Next, update the app to use the beta version.
- That’s it, now you will be able to use the Instagram Reels option in a while.
Sign In & Out Your Instagram Accounts
If you are using multiple Instagram accounts on the same app, then this method is for you. Even if you updated & joined the Beta program, you cannot view the Instagram Reels feature. Now, what you can do is try to sign out of your account and then sign in to it once again. That’s it, the problem is solved!
Uninstall & Reinstall Instagram App
Despite trying all the methods mentioned above, if Reels is not working showing, chances are a bug has hit your app. But, you don’t need to worry about it, this can be fixed easily. Simply uninstall the Instagram app and then reinstall it back again. That’s all.
Also Read: How to Hide Active Status on Instagram?