Fix YouTube is Loading Slow – YouTube is a free video-sharing website that makes it easy to watch online videos. You can even create and upload your own videos to share with others.
How to Fix YouTube is Loading Slow?
Fix YouTube is Loading Slow – Check Out the Speed of the Internet
When it comes to YouTube loading slow issues, we always think about the slow speed of our Internet. Here we will tell you how to test the speed of the Internet, both for your mobile phones and your computer.
For Mobile Devices – You can straightly test the speed of the Internet by searching for a speed test app in Google Play, which has attracted more than 10 million users around the world. It can be a very helpful app to test the network speed in seconds.
For Computer Users – Google also offers another easy and fast tool to measure your Internet speed in Mbps. To perform the test, you need to share your IP address with Google’s business partner, which works together with Google to complete the test:
- Search for “Internet speed test” in Google search engine.
- Click on the “Go” instruction under the “Speedtest by Ookla – The Global Broadband Speed Test” page.
- Then it will take 30 seconds to complete the test. Once the test is finished, you will see the result below.
Reload the Router
Rebooting the Wi-Fi Router can fix a number of issues concerning the internet such as slow loading speed, connection interrupts and malicious attacks, etc.
To reload your Wi-Fi router, you can:
- Simply unplug the router
- Place the router for a while until it is completely cooled down
- Connect the server back and establish the internet again
You are not encouraged to reload the router by choosing the options like Reset or Restart since it is more of a factory reset. And it may erase all your settings or data.
Adjust the Quality of Video
Changing the video from 4K video streaming to 360p or even 240p will lower the video quality but increase the processing and loading speed. Once the video runs smoothly for a few minutes, you can recover to the former setting.
Wipe the Cache in Your Browser
Normally, YouTube loading slow can also result from a large amount of cache in your browser. Therefore, to get a better watching experience, you are suggested to wipe the cache in your browser. For both iPhone and Android users, you can view the history records and clear the cache within the Chrome browser.
For desktop users, you can:
- Open Google Chrome on your pc or Mac
- Tap on “Customize and control Google Chrome” on the upper right corner
- Click on the “More Tools” option and choose the “Clear browsing data” tab
- Notably, once you have wiped the data, your need to log in to your Google account again.
Change the URL
If you are a Windows user, you can also seek to fix the issue by changing the URL of the video. This is quite simple and you can complete the change with 2 steps:
- Open the video you’d like to watch in Chrome
- Simply change the beginning part of its URL from “www.” to “ca.” in the address bar.
This is especially workable for Windows users. Therefore, if you are using a Windows operating system, you are highly recommended to take a shot.
Fix YouTube is Loading Slow – Change the VPN
Last but not least, you are suggested to change out the VPN. VPN can more or less increase the buffering speed. You are expected to acquire a VPN, either free or paid from an agent. Here, it is highly recommended to use a paid one since it can better protect your data and privacy.
Close Open Tabs
Too many open tabs in the web browser can result in poor YouTube video loading speeds. It is possible that your computer cannot handle all open tabs simultaneously, especially if there are several YouTube (or other websites with video content) tabs open. If this is the case, close all extra tabs and see if the problem persists.
Also Read: Top 12 Best Download Managers For Android?