Hide Active Status On Instagram – Instagram is a popular photo-sharing app that lets you connect with brands, celebrities, thought leaders, friends, family, and more.
- 1 How to Hide Active Status on Instagram?
How to Hide Active Status on Instagram?
Instagram offers several similarities to other social media and chat platforms, including Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Features are constantly added, including options like “Show Activity Status“.
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Tap the profile icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap the three lines in the top-right corner.
- Click on Settings and tap on the Privacy.
- Tap Activity Status.
- Tap the switch to toggle off Show activity status.
How to Hide your Instagram Activity or Online Status
Those of you who don’t want people to see when you’re online in real-time do have the option to turn off Instagram’s Show Activity Status feature, though, if you do, you won’t be able to see anyone else’s activity.
To change the visibility of your Activity status:
- Open Instagram.
- In the Top Right corner Tap on the Profile icon.
- Tap the three lines in the top right.
- Tap on Settings.
- Click on Privacy.
- Tap Activity Status.
- Tap the toggle next to Activity Status to turn off your activity status.
Note: Just like in Facebook Messenger, there’s no option to disable read receipts on Instagram. Direct messages (DMs) always show as “seen” once recipients have opened them.
How to Change the Visibility of your Activity Status on Instagram
Follow the below-given steps to change the visibility of your activity status: WhatsApp may extend the time limit for the Delete for Everyone feature from one hour to two
- Open the Instagram app on your iOS or Android device.
- Next, go to your Profile and tap Menu (three horizontal lines).
- On the new page tap Settings and then Privacy > Activity Status.
- By default, Show Activity Status is turned on, you need to toggle it Off.
If you using Instagram on your computer or mobile browser you need to follow different steps.
- Go to instagram.com on your computer or mobile browser.
- Click the menu icon and then click Settings.
- Click Privacy and Security and then click to uncheck the box next to Show Activity Status.
Thus, by following the above-given steps you can turn off activity status on Instagram. If case if you are running multiple Instagram accounts then you will have to disable the functionality on all your accounts individually, one by one.
Who can see when you’re active on Instagram
Your followers can’t see when you were most recently on Instagram. Only people you follow or have previously had direct conversations (DMs) with will see how many minutes or hours ago you were online.
This feature makes sense for Instagram users who rely on the service to chat with businesses or creative professionals and want to see whether they’re online or even quickly respond.
How to Tell If Someone is online on Instagram
There are a few ways to see when someone’s online or active:
- You’ll see a green dot near their username and photo in your Direct inbox.
- You’ll see a green dot near their username and photo elsewhere on Instagram.
- In your direct inbox, you’ll see their most recent activity status.