The Swype Beta is a swipe gesture-based keyboard that provides accurate word suggestions based on the user’s style. A text input method allows you to enter a word by sliding your finger from letter to letter and lifting your finger to add a space between words.
This Swipe Mode uses error-correcting algorithms and a predictive tapping system based on the configured language to establish the word to input.
Swype allows you to create text messages fast by swiping through the word’s letters instead of tapping on each character. Some phones have Swype pre-installed on them. Like the Samsung Galaxy lines, others used to have it as part of the pre-installed applications but were removed later. If you are one of the Swype users who missed this application on their phones, you will find this article useful. We will discuss how to download and install Swype on your Android phone.
How to Download and Install Swype Keyboard
To download the Swype keyboard on your device, follow the following procedures:
- First, press the Home button once to get to the Home screen. As an alternative, you can press the Back key a few times until it gets you to the Home screen.
- From your phone’s Home screen, tap on the Application icon. On your device, This Application icon contains the list of all the installed applications. For example, from the Application list, look for Play Store and tap on it.
- Play Store will now open; tap on the “Search” button to search for Swype.
- On the upper right part of the Play Store page this search button is located; click on it to open the search box.
- Input the keyword “Swype” using the on-screen keyboard. Then, input the desired keyword in the search box and tap on the Search icon to search for Swype.
- From the list of results, tap on “Swype Keyboard Trial.”If you want, you can tap on the second result, which is the paid version of Swype.
- From the application page, tap on the “Install” button. Tapping on the Install button will trigger application download.
- Tap on the “Accept” button to give Swype access to some of your phone’s features. Although, Swype will ask for your permission to access some of your phone’s features; and you need to permit to proceed with the download.
- The phone will now start to download Swype; wait for the download to complete. Swype will automatically install after download.
- By using this, You can tap on the “Open” button to start setting up Swype. You can also open Swype by going to the application list.
- You have successfully downloaded and installed Setup Swype on your Android phone.
Swype, which was, has released a new public beta for Android. It also has some interesting new features, including the capability to learn as you go and built-in Dragon voice recognition. If you’re interested in trying it out, here’s how to install and enable the new Swype beta for Android:
Install Swype beta
- First, Register for the Swype beta at http://beta.swype.com/android/create.
- Go to the Settings > Application settings and tap on the box next to Unknown sources on your android devices. This will allow you to install apps that weren’t downloaded from Google Play.
- Open the Swype beta e-mail and tap on the Swype Installer download link from your Android device. Once Swype-Installer.apk completes downloading, tap on it to begin the installation.
- After the Swype beta installer finishes installing, please open it and log in.
- Select the version of Swype you want to install, then tap the Download Swype button. You may only have one option, depending on your version of Android.
Enable Swype beta
- At the Swype beta setup screen, tap on the Enable Swype button, then select Swype Beta from keyboard settings.
- To select Swype as your Input Method Go back to the Swype beta setup screen, then tap the Select Swype button.
- Click on Finish, When you get to the congratulations screen.
That’s it. Keep in mind that this is beta software, so there’s no official tech support should something go awry. If Swype’s not your this ng, you might want to take a look at the.