Recover Data From Locked Android Phone with Broken Screen – We can’t consider our lives without smartphones, we use them for all kinds of things and save lots of important things in them.
A broken screen is nothing new for most of us, you may want to know how to recover data from an Android phone with a broken screen.
How to Recover Data From Locked Android Phone with Broken Screen?
1. Through USB Cable:
A broken Screen is something everyone faces at some time. If you are lucky enough, the screen touch may still be registered correctly and backup can be made. But if that’s not possible, don’t worry, you can restore data from android with the help of a USB cable and a computer. Some devices may require unlocking the device to access internal storage from the computer. In that case, this method won’t work for you.
- First, connect your device with the computer via a USB cable.
- If you are connecting for the very first time, Wait until drivers are being installed.
- Open My Computer, then you will see your Device name there just open it.
- You can find all of your multimedia, documents, and other files there. Search and select the files you want to recover from the device.
- Next, copy the files from your storage to the computer.
- Once you have copied all the files you want to recover, you can move them to your new device or make an archive file.
How To Unlock Lock Android Phone Screen? (Manual Ways)
Follow the below simple step-by-step guide on how to unlock lock Android phone screen and access data within it.
1. By Using The Google Account
Well, First of all before trying this technique just remember one thing – this solution will only work or be applicable if your mobile was already registered to your personal Google account before your smartphone was locked.
- At first, on your device start entering any wrong password up to 5-6 times.
- Now, your device will alert you about entering the wrong password
- After sometimes, it will ask you to try again after 30 seconds
- Next, you will get the “Forgot password” option.
- Here you need to enter your new Google account password and now you will be able to unlock your Android phone easily.
2. Reset Your Mobile To Its Factory Setting
Factory Resetting your device is another possible option to unlock a locked Android phone screen. This action will undo all your settings, wipe out all your important data and return your device to its initial manufacturer’s settings.
Remember one thing; you might lose some of the data permanently. Before moving ahead kindly save the backup of all your important files to avoid the data loss scenario. Now the problem is, as your phone is locked it’s quite a mess which you can’t factory reset your device from a Settings menu.
You will be able to perform the Android factory reset only if it is in Recovery Mode. To access your Recovery Mode, you can utilize your mobile phone buttons.
Here is the step-by-step guide to doing Android phone Factory Reset
- Just turn off your smartphone first.
- Now, press & hold the Volume down key + Power key simultaneously until and unless the device turns on. This will open your Android boot screen.
- Here, on the Boot screen use a Volume down key to scroll down until you highlighted a Recovery mode
- After highlighting the Recovery Mode option, press the power key again to initiate a Recovery Mode. You may see the Android robot option.
- Next, after accessing your Recovery mode screen, press & hold a Power key & while doing this tap on the Volume up key once, simply go with a power button.
- Use the Volume down key to scroll down until and unless you highlight the factory reset opt. choose it by using your phone’s Power button.
- Now, click on a Power button to choose “Reboot system now.” This time your device will restore to a form when it was new.
3. How to Recover Data from Android Phone with Broken Screen via AutoPlay
This is another way to help you get data from an Android phone with a broken screen, it is similar to solution 1. If the above methods are not working, then it’s time to try this AutoPlay solution.
- Connect your broken screen Android to your PC or computer.
- Once detected, there will be an AutoPlay window pop up, click Open folder to view files.
- Just copy or drag the files you want to recover, your data will be moved to the computer.
This methods only work when you have already enabled USB debugging. If not, AutoPlay will not work.
4. How to Copy Data from Broken Screen Android Phone with OTG USB Cable & Mouse:
You may have heard that using OTG USB Cable & Mouse can let you use your mobile device like a computer. That’s it if your Android phone screen is broken cannot be touched, you can try this way.
- Purchase a USB debugging and connect it to your Android device.
- Next, you need to connect a mouse to the OTG USB.
- Now, you can use the mouse to unlock your device or enable USB debugging.
- Connect your device to a computer or use Bluetooth to transfer files.