If you use Spotify and want to remove shipping charges when checking out, this article will show you how to set up your account in such a way that shipping charges are not added to your total at checkout.
This allows you to purchase music without paying for shipping costs and without having to create an additional Spotify account for the sole purpose of avoiding shipping costs during checkout. Here’s how to remove shipping from your Spotify Checkout Cart.
Spotify is a music streaming service with over 30 million songs in its catalog. You can create and share playlists, listen to radio stations, and more.
Plus, with a Premium subscription, you can download songs and listen offline. As for how much it costs?
It ranges from $4.99/month for their Unlimited Free plan to $19.99/month for their Unlimited Premium plan.
However, there’s one thing that sets them apart from other streaming services: shipping fees are calculated during checkout!
Luckily, this can be remedied by going to the app store on your mobile device (it might be called App Store or Play Store) and searching for Spotify.
Removing the Unwanted Text
If you’re anything like me, you probably cringe every time you see the words shipping calculated at checkout on an online purchase. The good news is that there is a way to remove this text from your Spotify account!
1) Log in to your Spotify account and select Settings.
2) Scroll down and find Payment information.
3) Click Edit.
4) Find and delete the line where it says Note: Customers in Brazil, China, or Russia are exempt from paying for shipping.
5) When done editing click save changes. Now when you log back into your account the ‘Shipping calculated at checkout will be gone!
Tips for Boosting Your Spotify Sales
- Use Spotify’s built-in features to calculate shipping and tax rates for your customers.
- If you’re using a dropshipping service, consider using a Spotify app to automate the process.
- Make sure your products are priced competitively and offer free shipping for orders over a certain amount.
- Use attractive and eye-catching product photos to draw customers in.
- Promote your Spotify store through social media and online advertising.
- Offer coupons or deals for new and returning customers to create excitement.
- Create an email list with an autoresponder campaign that entices customers with discounts or upcoming sales events as well as links to previous items they may have missed out on purchasing.
- Include testimonials from happy customers on your website in order to foster trust between them and potential buyers of your products.
- 9. Consider offering a paid membership to receive additional perks such as receiving discounted or exclusive offers, newsletters with latest promotions, contests and giveaways, and more!
- Utilize Facebook ads for both people who like your page as well as their friends to increase exposure and drive traffic back to your site.
- Monitor customer feedback via reviews so you can keep track of what they like and don’t like about your products – this will help guide future purchases!
How to Add a Collection on Spotify
If you’re using Spotify to sell products, you can use the collection feature to group items together.
This is useful if you have a lot of products or if you want to create different sections on your shop page.
To add a collection
- click on the collections tab in your dashboard;
- click add new collection;
- type in a name for your new collection;
- drag and drop any item from your catalog into this new category.
You can also upload an image for this category by clicking add photo. You can then repeat these steps to add as many collections as you need.
Once added, these categories will appear under the Collections tab in your shop’s dashboard.
They’ll be marked as active so that you know they are available to be assigned to a product.
The benefit of grouping your products with collections is that it makes it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for when browsing your site.
It’s also helpful if you plan on running discounts or promotions, because these will only apply to items within the collection.
To assign a collection to one of your products, click on the Assign Collection button below the product title and select one of your available collections.
You can always remove a collection from a specific product by going back to that product’s details page and clicking remove.
If you want to make sure customers know what shipping charges will be before checking out, there are two ways you can do this: either adding shipping costs to each individual item in its listing OR enabling free shipping across all items.
How Do I Remove Carrier Calculated Shipping Shopify?
If you’re using Spotify shipping and want to remove carrier calculated shipping, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- From your Spotify admin, go to Settings > Shipping.
- In the Estimated delivery times section, click Change next to the shipping profile that you want to edit.
- In the Shipping zones and rates section, click Edit for the shipping rate that you want to change.
- In the Carrier drop-down menu, select None from the list of carriers so that it is highlighted in blue.
- Click Save changes in the top right corner of your screen when you are finished editing your carrier rates.
You can also click Export as a PDF and save this file on your computer if you wish to use it as a reference later.
If you need help with setting up Spotify’s carrier calculated shipping feature, be sure to check out our tutorial below.
How Do I Get Rid of Taxes And Shipping At Checkout From the Cart Page?
If you’re like me, you’re probably sick of getting taxes and shipping calculated at checkout every time you buy something from Spotify.
Here’s a quick and easy way to remove those pesky fees from your purchase. Just go to the cart page on your browser and click Proceed To Checkout.
You’ll be redirected to the cart without any of the necessary extras like tax or shipping charges! Clicking Proceed to Checkout will take you straight to the cart, removing all of that extra stuff.
There is no need for coupon codes or anything complicated because it automatically removes all taxes and shipping costs for items in your cart when clicked
How Do I Change My Shipping Settings?
If you’re using the desktop app, open Spotify and click the gear icon in the top-right corner. In the pop-up menu, select Edit Profile.
On the next page, scroll down to Shipping Address and click Change. You can then enter your new shipping address and click Save Changes.
Keep in mind that this will only apply for your account; others who share this account will not see any changes.
To make a change for all users on an account, please contact customer support via email. If you’re on mobile, tap Settings > Account > Shipping Address > Update Address to update your address.
How To Call From a Different Number
Again, if there are other people who use this account with you, they’ll need to log out of Spotify on their device(s) before updating their shipping address.
How Do I Get Rid of Shipping Calculated At Checkout on Product Page?
If you’re not a fan of the shipping calculated at checkout feature on product pages, there’s an easy way to remove it! Just follow these simple steps:
- Open up your browser and go to your Spotify account page (link)
- Under My Account click Settings (or Account Settings)
- Scroll down until you see Checkout.
- Click the button that says Remove Shipping Calculation from Product Pages.
- Hit Save Changes.
- All done! You can now buy music with ease without having to calculate in your head how much the total is going to be. And be able to remove shipping calculated on your spotify checkout.
Does Free Shipping Increase Sales?
You’ve probably heard that free shipping increases sales, and it’s true.
In fact, a study by ComScore found that offering free shipping made people spend an average of $21 more per order.
That’s because when people see the shipping charge at checkout, they’re more likely to abandon their cart. So if you’re not offering free shipping, you’re likely losing out on sales.
If you’re a user of Spotify’s music streaming service, you may have noticed that there’s now an option to have shipping calculated at checkout.
This can be a helpful feature if you’re buying physical products from the site, but it can also be a hindrance if you just want to stream music.
Luckily, there’s a way to remove shipping calculated at checkout so that you can continue using the service without interruption.
Above we have highlighted some of the best ways you can remove shipping calculated on your spotify checkout. We would like to know if this was able to answer your query in the comment box, do let us know down below.