Send Files From PC to Android TV – The easiest way to transfer files from Android TV to your PC or smartphone is through the SFTV app. It allows you to transfer files from both ends in a seamless manner. Just Remember that, your Android TV and the recipient device must be connected to a common Wi-Fi network for the transfer to take place. Also, note that the SFTV app is not available on iOS.
Apps For Send Files From PC to Android TV
The easiest way to transfer files from Android TV to your PC or smartphone is through the SFTV app. It allows you to transfer files from both ends in a seamless manner. Keep in mind, your Android TV and the recipient device must be connected to a common Wi-Fi network for the transfer to take place. Also, note that the SFTV app is not available on iOS.
- First off, go ahead and install the SFTV app both on your Android TV and PC/smartphone.
- Next, open the SFTV app on your Android TV and PC/smartphone. After that, click on “Send” on Android TV.
- On the next page, select the file from your internal storage that you want to transfer from Android TV.
- Now, SFTV will detect the recipient device. Just click on it and within seconds, the file will be transferred to your PC or smartphone. Make sure your smartphone or PC is actively running the SFTV app.
2. Solid Explorer
Solid Explorer is another simple way to transfer files from Android TV to PC/smartphone. It uses the Solid Explorer app to create an FTP server on your Android TV. After that, you can access the whole internal storage on any local device including iOS.
- Open the Play Store on your Android TV and install Solid Explorer.
- After that, open Solid Explorer and move to the hamburger menu on the top-left corner. Here, scroll down to the bottom and expand the “Toolbox” menu and then open “FTP Server”.
- Now, simply click on “Start” and you are done.
- Open a web browser on any device connected to the local network and enter the FTP address. For instance, I have entered
ftp://192.168.0.106:9999. Bear in mind, the FTP address might be different for you.
- Upon opening the FTP address, you will find all the content of your Android TV available on your device. Now, simply click on any file and it will be downloaded to your device.
- After you are done with the transfer, open Solid Explorer and click on “Stop” to end the FTP server. Now onwards, you can just start the server from Solid Explorer and you can access all your TV files and folders.
- At last, if you are using Chrome to open the FTP server and the web browser is not opening the URL then you need to enable a flag. Open
chrome://flagsand turn on “Enable support for FTP URLs” flag. Now, restart Chrome, and the FTP URL will start working again.
How to Send Files From PC to Android TV
- Download the Application – SFTTV runs on Windows 11, macOS, and Linux, android smartphone, android smart TV system. Files can easily be transferred between machines running different operating systems.
- Install the Application – Install the application on your TV and on your mobile device.
- Launch the Application – Install the application on your TV and on your mobile device. Before starting, check than both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Select Files to Transfer – Select the file in the list of files stored on your device. Filter the list to easier find your desired file.
- Select the Device – Select your smart TV in the list
- The File is Transferring – The file is transferring to the
Samsung smart TV. You can open the file directly from the application when the transfer is completed.
Also Read: How to Fix Hacked Android Phone?