Setup Exchange Mail – Exchange email is known as Microsoft Exchange & it is composed of an email server, email client, and several groupware applications. The email server is the technology that powers cloud-based services such as Outlook.com and Office.com.
On the Exchange server, Your email messages are delivered and saved in your mailbox server when using the Exchange account. In addition, of course, here your contacts and calendar are saved.
Set up the Exchange Email on the Android Devices (using the ActiveSync)
First, on your Android device using the instructions below to set up the Exchange email. Depending on your specific device, device manufacturer, or carrier, not all steps useful to you, and screens may vary. The below steps apply to devices running Android 2.2 or above.
ActiveSync is the mobile data synchronization protocol that synchronizes data between your device and UMass Amherst IT’s Exchange server. To Setup Exchange Mail follow the below steps:
- Make sure your device is connected to a data network using cell phone service or other wireless connection types. On your Phone, to decrease the data usage plan while on campus, we recommend that you configure your Android device to use eduroam.
- On your device, go to Menu > Settings.
- At the bottom of the Settings screen, tap Accounts and sync.
- At the bottom of the Accounts and sync screen, tap Add account.
- On the Add Account screen, tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- On the setup screens, enter the information below. Then, to move to the next screen, tap on the Next.
Set up Exchange email
Make sure you have the following information before you start: 1. Your email address 2. Password 3. Username 4. Exchange server address Internet.
- First, Swipe up and Select Samsung
- Then Next, Select Email and Enter your Email address and Password.
- After that, choose Select MANUAL SETUP
- Add the Email address & Password
- Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Enter Username and Exchange server address.
- Select SIGN IN
- Exchange server address
- Enter the Username & Enter OK
- Select ACTIVATE & Your account is ready to use
Set up Email in Android Email App
Update the Gmail app to the latest version Before you begin:
- First, on your phone, Open the Google Play Store app.
- Next, type “Gmail” into the search bar and then select Update.
- Open the Gmail app.
- Click on the menu icon in the upper left corner > Settings > Add account > Exchange and Microsoft 365.
- Don’t try to choose “Outlook, Hotmail, and Live” unless you want to sync email only and not calendar/contacts.
- After that, Enter your full email address and tap Next and enter the password and click on Next.
Follow steps for your account type:
- Outlook.com users: skip this step
- Exchange or other accounts: you may have to ask your IT admin or email provider for server settings and set up your account manually
- Microsoft 365 work or school: you may see a Redirect request screen. Tap OK.
- On the Incoming server settings screen, change your server to outlook.office365.com.
- Follow any of the prompts you can get for security or device permissions, sync settings, and more.
- You may also be asked to confirm Remote security administration and approve additional security measures if you have a Microsoft 365 account. In this case, choose OK or Activate.
- Go to the inbox you just set up. If you see an email that says “Action Required to Sync Email,” open it and tap Use another Mail app instead.
- Skip this Step, If you don’t see this message and emails are syncing.
- By swiping down from the top of your screen, pull down the Android Notification bar.
- If you see a notification that reads “Unable to sync calendar and contacts, ” click on it. Then choose Allow to give access, and you are done!
Choose your built-in Android email app:
- On your phone, if it’s your first time, Open the Samsung Email app and tap Add Account Or, go to Settings in the app > and Add account.
- Enter your email address and password — tap Sign in.
- To a different sign-in screen, you will be redirected if the email app detects your provider.
- To select account type, choose Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync to sync contacts and calendars if you’re prompted.
- Confirm the settings and permissions by clicking on Yes or OK.
- You’ll verify your identity with your chosen method if you’ve turned on two-step verification.
- Syncing email, calendar, contacts, and tasks process may take a few minutes.
- If you see an email that says “Action Required to Sync,” then open it and click on Use another Mail app instead.