Stop Avast Browser From Opening on Startup – Avast Browser comes from Avast, developers of one of the best Antivirus. There is no doubt that Avast is one of the best browsers around, yet, there have been instances when users have reported that the Avast browser keeps on launching at the startup which can be somewhat annoying. So, here are ways to stop the Avast browser from opening on startup.
How to Stop Avast Browser From Opening on Startup?
Most of the time, because of many programs running on our Pc, we can be unaware that the avast browser opens on startup. We get to know only when our Pc starts getting slower.
Stop Avast Browser From Opening on Startup -Try The Task Manager Option
Task Manager has a great feature in the new Windows 10 version. Now you can see all the Startup options with it. This list contains almost every program or app you have set to launch with the start-up. Thus, it is not suitable for just disabling the Avast anti-virus, but also other programs and features. So, you can go ahead and give these steps a try:
- Press CTRL + Shift + ESC to launch the Task Manager. 3
- Go to the ‘Startup’ tab and find the Avast Secure Browser on the list.
- Right-click on it and select Disable.
Remember, this will only disable it from launching at the startup. It might still be your default browser. You might also face its launch whenever using the Antivirus and such. For that, follow other Solutions
Use Avast Browser Settings
The Avast browser comes with built-in settings. These settings are similar to what Google Chrome and Edge have. But, there is more. Sure, Avast Browser is great for safe browsing, but starting with a startup can be an annoying setting. You can easily access the browser settings to change it. All you need to do is:
- Open the Avast Secure Browser.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots (Menu) button.
- Click on Settings from the menu and scroll down.
- You will see an ‘On Startup’ option.
- Turn off the ‘Launch Avast Secure Browser automatically when the computer starts.’
This should work in your favor and stop the browser from starting with the startup. If it doesn’t work, you can always move on to the other solutions.
Check The Avast Antivirus Configurations
There could be instances where you have disabled the browser. You might have also changed the default browser. Still, whenever you use an Avast-related product, the browser launches. This would happen primarily with Avast Antivirus. Even after the premium protection solution. So, give these steps a try:
- Once again, go to the Control Panel and Programs & Features.
- This time, select Avast Antivirus from the list.
- Right-click on it and click on ‘Change.’
- This will open a configuration option.
- Find if there is a browser option given on the list.
- Uncheck it and save the settings.
This should take care of any remaining Avast Secure browser solution. Check and see if you are running into the problem anymore. If not, then you’re good to go. Now, go ahead and enjoy a PC without the Avast antivirus.
Uninstalling Avast from the Control Panel
The Control Panel features a list of all apps running on your system and removing it from here erases it from your computer. Many users panic when they see an uninvited application and uninstall it. If you too want to uninstall the Avast browser, you can remove it from the control panel. You can install it later if you ever want to use it.
Here’s how to remove/uninstall Avast Secure Browser from the Control Panel:
To open the Control Panel, type the same in the Windows search box. Proceed to Programs and Features. You will see a list of all programs and apps running on the system. Find out the Avast icon and click on it. Go to the Uninstall option at the top and click to remove it. That’s all. This takes care of the browser.
A recap of the steps follows Control Panel > Programs and Features > Avast Secure Browser > Uninstall. Users generally perform these three actions to avert the automatic launching of the browser. However, there’s another way. An additional browser removes the need to reinstall Avast or use any of the default system browsers.
Change The Default Browser
This is one of the easiest tricks but worth taking note of. Are you still using the Avast Secure Browser? Maybe you use it whenever you seek secure browsing. It would make sense to keep it, especially if you have a premium subscription to Avast.
But, you might be launching it each time to click on the link. Perhaps you don’t want that. If that’s the case, then you can change the default browser of your PC. How can you do that?
- Go to the Settings or the Search option below in the Taskbar
- Search for the ‘Default Apps’ settings.
- In there, find the Default Browser option.
- Click on it and select one of the browsers that are available on your PC. Once you do it, you won’t have to worry about Avast Secure Browser. It won’t launch abruptly anymore.
Also Read: How to Delete or Hide Custom Reddit?