Turn Off People You May Know On Facebook – Facebook is the most popular social platform that has a specific feature known as “People You May Know”. This feature is available to add more people to your friend’s list. But sometimes some random suggestions pop up, which is annoying and makes things even worse.
All the Facebook users might not want constant reminders for adding new people to their friend list. Therefore, it constantly recommends pages and people you might follow with some notifications. Through its algorithm, it predicts people whom you want to contact based on the profile information and the people who are already friends with you.
How to Turn Off People You May Know on Facebook?
1. On Android and iOS
If you are using Facebook on your phone running on Android or iOS, then you can turn it off from your Facebook settings. Just follow these steps:
- Open Facebook App on your phone, and click on the hamburger menu (3 lines) at the top right.
- Go to Settings under Settings and Privacy.
- Scroll down and click on Notification Settings.
- Click on People You May Know.
- Here you can turn off the toggles for Push Notifications, Email, and SMS.
- You can also turn off the “Allow Notifications on Facebook” toggle to disable all the suggestions.
Also Read: Bitlife Twitter and Socia media Update Android
Here are the steps to turn off people you may know on Facebook:
2. Laptop or computer:
- Open your Facebook app on the desktop or laptop.
- Click on this downward-facing arrow in the top right corner.
- Now select Settings from this menu to open up the new settings page.
- Tap on the Notifications menu.
- Now select the ‘People you may know’ option.
- You can toggle the main switch to turn it off or disable options individually.
- You turn off the “Allow Notifications on Facebook” button to disable all the suggestion options.
- From here, you can toggle all of the options off or simply disable notifications via SMS, email, and push notifications.
- These settings will either partially or completely disable the notifications for Facebook’s People you may know feature.
- If you are unable to access it through the browser, you can make changes via Facebook’s iOS and Android apps.
- Also, if you have already made the changes on the desktop, then you do not need further changes on your phone.
3. On mobile devices:
- Open Facebook App on your phone.
- Click on the hamburger menu (3 lines) at the top right corner of the Facebook page.
- Go to the Settings button below the Settings and Privacy option.
- Scroll down and click on Notification Settings.
- Now Click on People You May Know.
- Next, from here onwards, you can turn off the toggles for Push Notifications, Email, and SMS.
- You can also turn off the “Allow Notifications on Facebook” button to disable all the suggestions.
How Does Facebook Come Up With Its Friend Suggestions?
Facebook uses its algorithms, your uploaded contact lists, and existing friends to suggest lists of people it believes you may know. You find some of these people in your News Feed under the “People You May Know” Gallery.
However, some users also get friend suggestions via text and email, which can get frustrating if the “person you may know” is someone you’ve never met.
For this and many other reasons, some users find this feature quite unsettling, especially when you think of notifications they get on the app, their emails, or even SMS. If you are one of these users, then you’re in luck. Read on to disable this notification and be in control of your app again.
How to Turn off Facebook’s “People You May Know” Alerts
Facebook allows you to opt-out of getting friend suggestions on its mobile app and website. This guide will cover how to do so on both devices.
How to Turn Off Facebook’s “People You May Know” Alerts on Android
Here’s how to turn off friend suggestion alerts on Facebook using your Android smartphone:
- Launch the Facebook app on your device and tap on the icon with your profile picture to reveal Menu.
- Scroll down to Settings and tap on it.
- On the Settings page, tap on Profile Settings.
- Scroll to Notifications and tap on Notification Settings.
- Select People You May Know.
- Toggle Allow Notifications on the Facebook button to opt out of getting these notifications.
After going through this process, Facebook will stop sending you these annoying notifications.
How to Turn Off Facebook’s “People You May Know” Alerts on the Web
If you’re accessing Facebook on a Desktop PC, you can also disable this feature. Here are steps to turning off the “People You May Know” feature.
Log in to your Facebook account, and click on the downward-facing triangle icon at the top right.
- Click on Settings & Privacy.
- Then, click on Settings.
- Select Notifications on the left-side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the People You May Know option.
- You have the option to either turn off each notification toggles – Push, Email, and SMS – or outrightly disable all the notifications by turning off the Allow Notifications on Facebook toggle.