Wave on Facebook Messenger – Facebook Messenger is a FREE mobile messaging app used for instant messaging, sharing photos, videos, audio recordings, and group chats. Waving at someone before starting a Facebook chat is a fantastic way to welcome or start a new conversation with someone.
If you’ve been using Facebook for a long time, then you might be familiar with the poke feature. The wave icon is a new feature added by Facebook also known as the hello button.
How To Wave On Facebook Messenger on Mobile?
Follow these steps mentioned below & learn how to wave on Messenger using your smartphone:
- Open the Facebook Messenger app. If you don’t have Messenger, install it right here: For Android & For iPhone.
- As soon as the Messenger launches, locate the ‘People’ section at the bottom of the screen.
- From the ‘Active’ tab, you will be able to find which friends are online at that particular time.
- Tap on the Wave button beside the name of the person you want to start a conversation with, and it’s done.
This is the easiest way you can send a wave on Facebook Messenger!
How To Wave Someone Using Facebook App?
To virtual wave at your friend using the Facebook application, all you have to do is:
- Launch your Facebook app. If you aren’t logged in, add your credentials for the same.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines section at the top right bar.
- Select the Messenger option from the list displayed. If you can’t find Messenger there, tap on ‘See More’ to find more options.
- Once you locate Messenger, follow the path People > Active. Now, you can see your online friends, tap on the Wave button to send greetings using your Facebook app.
How to Wave on Messenger
The below procedure comes in handy when a person waves at you but Messenger doesn’t show the option to wave back.
- Open the Messenger app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android smartphone.
- Tap the “People” tab from the bottom bar.
- Now switch to the “Active” tab to see the list of active contacts.
- You will now see a grey hand to the right of the people who are online.
- Tap the grey hand icon to wave a hello. The grey wave icon will turn yellow after you wave at a person.
- The recipient will now see a waving hand from you.
Note: For this to work, the person in your Messenger contacts list should be active.
How To Wave On Facebook Using Your Desktop?
Follow these steps mentioned below, to virtually wave at your friend using the Facebook desktop app:
- Log in to your Facebook account, and head towards the Home page section.
- Locate the ‘Chat’ option, it can be found on the right panel.
- Bring your cursor above your friend’s name, whom you would like to wave virtually.
- As soon as you do that, the Wave sign will appear beside their name, click on it to wave on Facebook.
NOTE: If someone is not on your friend list, you can send them a friend request & use this cool wave feature to greet someone before starting a conversation.
How To Send Back Wave On Facebook Messenger On Mobile?
If you’ve just received a cool wave from one of your Facebook friends, you need to learn how you can wave back:
- Just open the chat of a friend who waved at you on Facebook.
- Now, you should see a yellow hand appearing with a quick message saying “_____ (Your Friend) is waving at you.
- You need to tap on the option “Tap to wave back”.
How Do I Undo A Wave Sent On Facebook?
If you’ve accidentally waved at a friend, you’ve no longer connected with. Don’t feel embarrassed as Facebook offers an option to undo the wave. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Be quick as you have 10 minutes in your hand to undo the virtual wave. Go to the Facebook chat where you’ve sent a wave.
- Simply hold & long-press on the Wave icon sent by mistake, till you get a small menu that appears on the screen.
- Tap on the Remove option & hit the “Remove for Everyone” button.
Also Read: How to TurnOff People you may know on Facebook?