As part of our Series of Articles about Android Performance Tweaks, today we are coming up with this article, ‘Right way to Uninstall Apps on Android Devices‘
Right Way To Uninstall Apps On Android Devices
Android Smartphones has a tendency to work slow after a certain period of time. But that is not all because of the age of the hardware of your phone. One of the major reasons is the presence of unwanted apps and the amount of space they occupy in your memory and processor.
If you observe any of the following issues with your phone, it is the time you sit down and do some tweaking by removing unwanted apps or upgrading them to newer versions.
- Your App(s) is hanging frequently
- Your App(s) is throwing incompatibility Issues
- You have upgraded to a new Android Version, but some of the Apps started throwing up issues.
- Your Phone become slow and the lag between your action and the response has increased
- Touch screen sensor latency has increased
Many times you think that your phone is old enough for you to buy another new and expensive Smartphone. But, you do not need to buy a new phone in all the cases. There is a way to make your old smartphone perform better. So the best way to tweak your Android phone is to remove or upgrade problem making apps in a right way. Be careful that you may lose the data if you remove in an improper way. If you want to know more latest tech news then click here.
Steps To Uninstall App From Android Smartphone:
Note: You shall do this activity at least once every month, to keep your device clean so that it can perform well.
A. Identify the Apps to Uninstall / Upgrade
- Apps which are Crashing regularly
- Apps with New Versions available (upgrade)
- Incompatible apps with the current version of Android (base don Play Store Message)
- Apps that you are not using since your last removal
- High resource consuming Android Games
B. Uninstall the Apps using any of the below two methods
Method 1: Uninstall Apps through Settings
In the first method, we will see go through settings & find the list of apps and uninstall the unwanted.
- Open Settings
- Tap on “App & Notification” (on some smartphone “Apps”)
- Tap on App Info
- Select by tapping on the app, where you will find an option to “Force Stop” “Uninstall”. If you see a “Disable/Enable” option please note that those apps cannot be uninstalled.
- Tap on “Uninstall” to completely remove from your smartphone.
Method 2: Tap and Drag to UnInstall bin
This method is the easiest, with just a swipe you are done with uninstalling the app.
- Long Tap on the app, until you see an effect. Rightway to Uninstall Android Apps – Uninstall by Tap and Drag to Uninstall bin
- Drag the app on the top to “Uninstall” option & release your finger
That’s all. You have done uninstalling your smartphone unwanted apps. Once you have done with the process. We would request you to restart your smartphone so that the device re-crawls everything. If you are technically sound, we would request you to soft reset your smartphone without affecting our existing data.
C. Upgrade the Apps that needs Upgradation
Usually, when a new version of an app is available in the Play Store that is compatible with your phone, you will receive a notification from PlayStore for Upgradation. Once You click that link on chose to update, then the update happens smoothly.
In case you do not have any notification or alert from play-store, but you want to update the app, you can do that by visiting the Pay Sore Link or you app Settings.
You can update the app from the play store using the following steps.
- Open the Google Play Store app Page.
- Select Menu My apps & games.
- Then Choose the app you want to update.
- After that Select ‘More’ option.
- Select “Auto-update.”, by clicking the respective button.
D. Upgrade Android Version
In case you are using an old version of Android and your phone lets you install a newer version, you should not hesitate to upgrade to the new version. You need to ensure though that the latest Android version is not a beta version (Pre-release user testing).
You can follow the below steps to upgrade Android Version on your phone
- Go to “Settings”;
- Go to “About phone”, tap “Software update” and Android Version.
- In case the latest Verison is available for your phone, chose to download the latest version.
- After the downloaded, your phone will reboot and install and launch new Version of the Android.
Top 5 Best Music Production Apps on Android Play Store
Best VPN Service Apps for Android and iOS in 2018