Fix Phone Says No Sim Card on Android – The reason why does your phone show no SIM card error is that your phone is unable to properly read the contents of your SIM card. This usually happens when your SIM card is not installed properly, it is damaged, or your phone has software problems after a software update. Therefore, the phone will not recognize the SIM card and it says no sim card detected.
You do not need to get your SIM card replaced right away, as there are some fixes that you can apply on your phone and these can potentially fix your problem. If these do not work, then you can go ahead and get your SIM card replaced.
- 1 How to Fix Phone Says No Sim Card on Android?
- 1.0.1 1. Enable and Disable Airplane Mode
- 1.0.2 2. Check if Sim Direction is Correct
- 1.0.3 2. SIM Tray is properly inserted
- 1.0.4 3. Test if the SIM card is Active
- 1.0.5 4. Examine the SIM connector
- 1.0.6 5. Enable the SIM card (Settings)
- 1.0.7 6. Clear The Cache Data
- 1.0.8 7. Reboot Your Phone
- 1.0.9 8. Ensure You Have a Valid IMEI Number
How to Fix Phone Says No Sim Card on Android?
1. Enable and Disable Airplane Mode
The purpose of Airplane mode is to help you disconnect from all network services when you are on a flight. However, you can use this mode to fix many network-related problems. No guarantee using Airplane mode will fix your issue but you can give it a go as it will not harm your device.
Make sure you have saved your work before you do this as your phone will be disconnected from the Internet as well.
- Open the notifications panel on your phone.
- Tap the Airplane mode icon to turn the mode on.
- Tap the icon again to disable the mode.
2. Check if Sim Direction is Correct
Many people make the mistake of inserting the SIM the wrong way, and that’s why no sim card is detected on the phone. So, the first thing you should check is, if the SIM direction is correct. Usually, there’s an icon or a picture on/around the SIM tray showing how it has to be inserted.
2. SIM Tray is properly inserted
Next, check your SIM tray. Remove and reinsert it properly. When you bring the tray out of the slot, gently insert a small bent paper pin into the pinhole. Apply light pressure until the SIM tray pops out. Now hold the tray carefully, again without applying pressure at any angle, and pull it out straight. Place the SIM in the tray in a correct orientation, and then re-insert the tray. Don’t force it. In case the tray gets stuck, press it gently. The hard press may break the pin or the logic board, adding more to your problem of “SIM card not detected”.
3. Test if the SIM card is Active
This will help to determine where exactly the issue lies. Use the SIM on a different mobile device. If the phone does not recognize the sim card as well, then the problem is with the SIM. Then you should:
- First, speak to your network service provider to confirm if the SIM is active.
- Also, inquire if the SIM registration is properly done
- Check if the SIM Golden points are clean. If you see any dust or carbon over it, clean it with a soft cotton cloth. But make sure you don’t scratch it. Else, you may end up causing more damage to the SIM card.
4. Examine the SIM connector
SIM slot and connector sometimes accumulate dust over them, causing the device not to read the card properly. So you should look into this as well. Wipe the connector gently to remove the dirt. Also, check if the pin is not damaged. A broken pin may also cause a problem of no sim card detected on an android phone. For any hardware damage, you better visit your nearby service center and get it repaired or replaced with the help of trained technicians.
5. Enable the SIM card (Settings)
Now, have a check of your network and SIM card settings. Open Settings > Mobile Network. Under SIM Card info and Settings, Tap the SIM, and toggle on “Enable”. Also, make sure the data roaming is ON to avoid this issue when you’re in a roaming area.
6. Clear The Cache Data
When you face the issue of “SIM Card not detected”, clearing out cache data could prove an effective solution. It can remove the junk files which may be hindering your phone’s operation and behavior. For TECNO, Itel, and Infinix users, clearing the cache through the Phone Master App would be an easy and quick process.
7. Reboot Your Phone
Once you’ve attempted the above settings and solutions, reboot your phone to freshen up the phone processing. Hopefully, the issue will be rectified post a restart of your device.
If you still find the sim card is not recognized, take your phone to your nearest Carlcare Service center for further check. Our trained and experienced technicians will examine the phone thoroughly and fix the issue to perfection. As a leading repair service provider, Carlcare offers best-in-class repairs, and original spares & accessories for ITEL, TECNO, and Infinix mobiles.
8. Ensure You Have a Valid IMEI Number
It is a must for each phone to have a valid IMEI number. If your phone does not have this, which is very rare, your carrier will not be able to provide you with their services. You can check for an IMEI number right on your device without needing any apps.
On your phone, head into the Settings menu, tap About phone at the bottom, tap Status and you will see your phone’s IMEI number. Another way to check the IMEI number is to dial *#06# from the dial pad on your phone.